Old Smithfield Rd drainage works
- Type of work: Drainage Works
- Suburb: Freshwater
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 17/08/2020 to 12:00am 11/09/2020
- Description: Removal and replacement of concrete lining
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust
- Location: Old Smithfield Rd drain
- Status: Closed
The following drainage works will be undertaken in Freshwater from the week of 17 August 2020:
- removal and reinstatement of the concrete lining of the stormwater drain that runs south of Old Smithfield Rd, at the back of properties along Merrybrook St and Simon St.
This work is necessary because the structure has failed due to its age and the impact of trees and associated root systems over time. For this work to be carried out, there are some trees within Council land that will need to be removed to allow access to the drain however this will be limited as much as possible. Overhanging branches from large trees will also have to be pruned to allow machinery access.
It will take approximately 4 weeks to complete the project, weather permitting. Access to the drain will be via Old Smithfield Rd and a permanent concrete access point and gate will be constructed on the eastern side of the drain to allow clear access for future maintenance requirements.
Council appreciates your patience and cooperation during works and apologises for any inconvenience caused.
For further information, please contact Council via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (07) 4044 3303.