Moresby St - bus stop works
- Type of work: Bus Stop Works
- Suburb: Trinity Beach
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 25/01/2021 to 12:00am 12/02/2021
- Description: Bus stop improvements
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control
- Location: Moresby St
- Status: Closed
The following bus stop improvements will start on MONDAY 25 JANUARY 2021, weather permitting:
- Bus stop (between properties 40 and 38 Moresby St): new footpath, kerb and channel and bus stop boarding point.
- Bus stop (between properties 20 and 18 Moresby St): new bus stop boarding point, barrier kerb and new kerb ramp.
New signage and line marking will also be undertaken to delineate the bus zone in accordance with current standards.
These improvements are part of a broader Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) Compliance Program of Works across the Cairns region to improve accessibility for patrons using the bus service.
Works will occur between the hours of 7am and 5pm Monday to Friday (Saturdays if required). During works there may be disruptions such as noise and dust; however, these will be kept to a minimum. It is anticipated that works will take approximately 3 weeks to complete.
Council apologises for any inconvenience caused and appreciates your patience during these necessary improvement works.