Car parking changes - Minnie St
- Type of work: Car Park Works
- Suburb: Cairns city
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 30/04/2018 to 12:00am 15/06/2018
- Description: Car parking changes between Sheridan St and McLeod St
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control; Road Closure
- Location: Minnie St, between Sheridan St and McLeod St
- Status: Closed
Car parking works will be underway on Minnie Street, between Sheridan St and McLeod St, from Monday 30 April 2018.
An additional 23 car parking spaces will be added to this block by adding centre median bays. Works will involve:
- modifying, removing and/or replacing existing concrete road islands;
- relocating a street light;
- introducing new u-turn facilities;
- introducing three new centre median islands with street trees; and
- planting two new street trees on the northern side, and removing two existing trees on the southern side which are being replaced with three new street trees.
The water main which is currently located within the traffic lane on the southern side will also have to be removed, with a new water main installed closer to the kerb.
While works are underway, noise, dust and lane closures are expected and it will also be necessary to temporarily close car parking bays. Every effort will be made to reduce these disruptions during this time and we thank you for your patience and cooperation. Weather permitting, it is expected to take around 6 weeks to complete all works.
If you have any concerns or would like further information about this project, please call Council on (07) 4044 3303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.