Roadworks - Mill Road
- Type of work: New Road / Major Road Works
- Suburb: Edmonton
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 21/10/2019 to 12:00am 30/04/2020
- Description: Road safety improvements between the Mill Road / Ravizza Drive / Mount Peter Road and the Mill Road / Hambledon Drive / Wiseman Road roundabouts.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control; Road Closure
- Location: Mill Road
- Status: Closed
The following road closures are required from 9am until 3pm each day:
- MONDAY 16 MARCH until FRIDAY 20 MARCH 2020: eastbound lane of Mill Road closed (opposite Marr St intersection). Traffic will be detoured via Marr Street > Mount Peter Road.
- MONDAY 23 MARCH until FRIDAY 27 MARCH 2020: full road closure of Mill Road between Wiseman Road East and Marr Street. Westbound traffic will be detoured via Marr Street > Mann Street > Jubilee Street > Graham Street > Wiseman Road East. Eastbound traffic will be detoured via Wiseman Road East > Graham Street > Mount Peter Road.
Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions, and follow detours as sign posted.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during works.
The location of the children’s crossing will now be moved east of Marr Street to avoid creating additional traffic congestion and safety issues in the school car park and drop off area. The 40km/h zone will also be extended approximately 45m eastward to allow for this change.
To improve the general streetscape, a number of new street trees will be planted along the road - please refer to the updated plan ( PDF, 3.89 MB ).
Works are currently estimated to be approximately 80% complete, with works expected to be finalised towards the end of April following the power pole relocation works by Ergon which should be completed in March, weather permitting.
Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation during the works program.
Road safety improvements are programmed for Mill Road, between the Mill Road / Ravizza Drive / Mount Peter Road and the Mill Road / Hambledon Drive / Wiseman Road roundabouts, in Edmonton.
The upgrade works will include:
- Road widening to provide two 3.5 metre traffic lanes, with on-road bicycle lanes (existing Ergon poles on the northern side of the road will be relocated);
- Street lighting upgrades which involves installation of luminaires to existing poles and installation of additional light poles;
- Removal of the existing pedestrian crossing at Hartill Street and installation of a children’s crossing in front of the Hambledon State School;
- Provision of a pedestrian refuge crossing just east of Suhle Street;
- New right-turn lane for eastbound traffic turning into Suhle Street;
- Removal of the existing access to Stokes Street opposite Hartill Street;
- Construction of a 2 metre wide concrete footpath on the northern side of the road;
- Formalisation of the existing bus stops, including new bus shelters and DDA compliant platforms;
- Shortening of the existing cane rail line on the northern side to accommodate the new footpath and installation of safety fencing;
- Reshaping of table drains to accommodate the road widening.
Works will start on Monday 21 October 2019 and will take approximately three to four months to complete, weather permitting.
A general arrangement plan is provided on the Major Projects webpage.
Thank you for your patience during construction. For further information about this project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.