Roadworks - McLeod St
- Type of work: Lighting & Traffic Signals
- Suburb: Cairns city
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 23/03/2020 to 12:00am 30/05/2020
- Description: Street lighting upgrade between Florence St and Aplin St
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control
- Location: McLeod St (Aplin St to Florence St)
- Status: Closed
The following improvement works are programmed for McLeod Street from MONDAY 23 MARCH 2020 (weather permitting):
- Type of work: Street lighting upgrade from Aplin St to Florence St (removal of old timber light poles from centre medians and road shoulders, and replacement with LED lights on steel poles within centre medians)
- Duration of works: Approx. 6 weeks to complete
- Working hours: Generally Mondays to Saturdays 6am to 6pm. Some night works will be required to allow new poles to be erected.
The project also includes installing a switchboard box on the eastern corner at the Aplin St end, as well as introducing new U-turn facilities at both ends of the block, modifying centre median concrete islands, reconfiguring car parking bays, and planting new street trees.
Works also will include removal of two trees within the centre medians that do not have enough space around them for healthy growth. These will be replaced with two new street trees which will be planted into larger median islands. A new street tree will also be planted at the western corner near the Aplin Street end to replace the tree that has recently died.
During works, Council will keep disruptions to a minimum wherever possible however lane closures, noise and dust, and temporary closure of car parking bays will be required. Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions.
Council appreciates your patience and cooperation during this time. For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.