Lake Morris Rd lookout upgrade
- Suburb: Kanimbla
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 05/12/2019 to 12:00am 30/05/2020
- Description: Upgrade of Campbell's lookout, Lake Morris Rd - lookout will be closed during this time.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control
- Location: Campbell's lookout, Lake Morris Rd
- Status: Closed
Construction works have been delayed due to material supply. Works are now estimated to be complete by mid to late May 2020.
The lookout area is closed while works are in progress.
To improve visitor experience and vehicle, pedestrian and cyclist safety, Council will be upgrading Campbell's lookout on Lake Morris Road.
This includes the following improvements:
- new viewing platform shelter extending over the embankment;
- balustrading, interpretative signage and bench seating;
- car parking configuration changes and new bus pull-over area on the western side;
- CCTV camera coverage; and
- a new gate that enables the road to be closed to vehicles but allows cyclist and pedestrian access.
Construction works are expected to start early 2020, with all works complete by March 2020, weather permitting.
During construction, the lookout carpark area will be closed.
Lake Morris Road and the lookout area is currently closed to all unauthorised vehicles* while drainage repair works are underway. The road is expected to reopen late December 2019. Council will be undertaking some road widening works near the lookout while the road is closed to traffic. Once the road is reopened there will only be partial road closures required during the lookout upgrade works.
* Council authorised vehicles may be using this road outside working hours - cyclists must keep left at all times. The Copperlode Dam facility is also closed - there is no public access to the Dam facility from Davies Creek Road, Clohesy River Road and Crystal Cascades. Please note that arrangements are in place for Copperlode Fish and Kayak to continue business operations.
Any project enquiries can be forwarded via email to email@example.com.