Leak Detection Services - Stage 3
- Suburb: Aeroglen; Barron, Brinsmead; Caravonica; Freshwater; Kamerunga; Kanimbla; Redlynch; Smithfield; Stratford; Whitfield; Lake Placid; Crystal Cascades; Northern Beaches
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 17/07/2017 to 12:00am 31/10/2017
- Description: Council's leak detection program (Stage 3) being rolled out across the Northern suburbs of Cairns
- Likely impacts: Traffic Control; Road Closure
- Location: Northern Suburbs
- Status: Closed
Scheduled works to proactively identify and repair water leaks throughout Council's water reticulation system, focusing on the northern suburbs of Cairns (Stage 3 - Northern). The suburbs included in this most recent stage of the Leak Detection Program are as follows:
- Crystal Cascades
- Lake Placid
- Crystal Cascades
- Northern Beaches
This package will include a comprehensive leak survey of approximately 613km of reticulation mains and 154km of trunk mains (including 66km uncompleted from Stage 2 - Southern). Stage 1 (Central) was completed in 2015/16 and Stage 2 (Southern) was partially completed in 2016/17 with the balance works falling into Stage 3 (Northern).
It is anticipated that Stage 3 will commence in July 2017 with works estimated to continue until the end of October 2017. During this time, customers may temporarily notice field staff in their street and near their property boundary/water meter as they complete detection works. Field staff will have photo ID identifying them as a Contractor for Council.
Works will be conducted throughout the day and may also be carried out during the evening and on weekends. Leaks will be detected via acoustic, non-invasive techniques and there will be no form of construction works undertaken. As a result, some customers may be temporarily affected by subsequent repairs and road closures may be required from time to time.
Please be assured that any inconvenience will be kept to an absolute minimum where possible.