Improvement works to wetwell and valve pit lids
- Suburb: Cairns
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 01/01/2019 to 12:00am 30/06/2019
- Description: Upgrades to wetwell and valve pit lids in various locations across Cairns
- Likely impacts: Noise
- Status: Closed
As part of Councils continual improvement program, upgrade works to wetwell and valve pit lids in various locations across Cairns are scheduled to commence from January 2019 and are anticipated to be completed by June 2019, subject to favourable weather conditions.
The works involve the removal and installation of new lids and are scheduled in the following locations:
- Corner of Hartley and Ogden Street, Bungalow
- Corner of Scott and Federation Street, Bungalow
- Corner of Florence and Water Street, Cairns City
- Sheridan Street, Cairns City
- Corner of Henley and Mulgrave Road, Earlville
- Coxall Street, Earlville
- Campbell Street, Gordonvale
- Stoney Creek Road, Kamerunga
- Giauca Street, Redlynch
- Quoll Close, Redlynch
- Xavier Herbert Drive, Redlynch
Some construction noise associated with the work may be experienced during working hours but will be kept to a minimum where possible. Traffic management will be in place where construction activities affect vehicle and/or pedestrian movements. There should be no disruption to your water and sewer services.
Working hours will typically be between 7am and 5pm during the day of installation. Any afterhours work being undertaken will be on an “as required” basis and any affected residents will be notified.
Should you require further information in regards to the above work please contact Cairns Regional Council's Customer Service Centre on 1300 69 22 47.