Greenslopes / Mayers Sts intersection improvements
- Type of work: Minor Road Works
- Suburb: Edge Hill
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 02/07/2018 to 12:00am 13/07/2018
- Description: Intersection improvement works will be undertaken on the Greenslopes / Mayers sts.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control
- Status: Closed
Cairns Regional Council wishes to advise of proposed safety improvements at the Greenslopes and Mayers St intersection, in Edge Hill. Numerous traffic crashes have occurred at this intersection, as a result of vehicles not adhering appropriately to the ‘give way’ instruction, as currently signed.
In order to improve traffic safety, Council will introduce the following changes:
- Heading north on Mayers St (from Russell St towards Greenslopes St): Vehicles will be required to come to a complete halt at a STOP sign;
- Heading south on Mayers St (from Collins Ave towards Greenslopes St): Vehicles will be required to come to a complete halt at a STOP sign;
- Heading east and west on Greenslopes Sts (from Pease St or McNamara St): Vehicles will have dedicated right-turn lanes into Mayers St.
In addition to the above changes, a street lighting upgrade will also be undertaken at the intersection. Pedestrian refuge islands will also be installed on Greenslopes St. A copy of the works plan is available in the 'for download' section below.
To minimise disruptions, these works are programmed to commence in the upcoming school holidays, starting on Monday 2 July 2018. Work will be undertaken from 7am to 5.30pm weekdays and will take approx. 2 weeks to complete, weather permitting. The area will be under traffic control.
Please contact Council on 4044 3326 or email email@example.com should you require additional information.