Grafton Street - Nightworks
- Type of work: Minor Road Works
- Suburb: Cairns city
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 30/04/2020 to 12:00am 01/05/2020
- Description: Asphalt overlay nightworks
- Likely impacts: Noise; Odours; Property Access; Traffic Control
- Location: Grafton Street from Spence St to Hartley St
- Status: Closed
Please note that this work was postponed due to wet weather.
Works will now occur on THURSDAY EVENING, 30 APRIL AND FRIDAY EVENING, 1 MAY 2020.
The following nightworks are programmed for Grafton Street:
- Dates: THURSDAY EVENING, 16 APRIL & FRIDAY EVENING, 17 APRIL 2020
- Type of work: Asphalt overlay of the southbound lanes of Grafton St, from Spence St to Hartley St
- Approximate Duration: 2 evenings to complete, 6.00pm to 6.00am (weather permitting)
There will be disruptions to property access as a temporary road closure will be required. Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions.
To ensure works can be carried out as scheduled, residents are asked not to leave vehicles/trailers parked in the street during the time of scheduled work.
This work will be carried out on the above date/s however if weather conditions are unsuitable, the works will be reprogrammed. Council appreciates your patience and cooperation during this time.