Car parking changes - Gatton St
- Type of work: Minor Road Works
- Suburb: Cairns North
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 29/01/2018 to 12:00am 23/02/2018
- Description: More car parking is being introduced in Gatton Street, between Sheridan Street and McLeod Street.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control
- Location: Gatton Street
- Status: Closed
More car parking spaces are being introduced in Gatton Street, between Sheridan Street and McLeod Street, from Monday 29 January 2018.
This work will include:
- Introducing new centre median parking bays and landscaped islands;
- Sealing road shoulders to the kerb and formalising parking spaces as 90 degree bays;
- New traffic islands and modifying existing islands in the centre median and road shoulders;
- New footpath and kerb replacement on the southern side of the street;
- Relocating street lighting poles; and
- Introducing U-turn facilities at both ends of the block.
Working hours will be from 6.30am to 6.00pm on Mondays to Fridays and 7.00am to 1.00pm on Saturdays.
Weather permitting, it is expected to take approximately 3 weeks to complete the project.
To ensure works are carried out to schedule, road activity will be limited during work hours with the road open to Local Traffic Only. Limited on-street car parking will be available during this time. Please observe and obey signs advising the changes to traffic conditions.
Council thanks you for your patience and co-operation during these improvement works and apologises for any inconvenience caused.
For further information, please contact Council on (07) 4044 3303 or email email@example.com.