Drain maintenance program
- Type of work: Drainage Works
- Suburb: Various
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 05/05/2020 to 12:00am 31/07/2020
- Description: Drain maintenance works
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust
- Location: Hamliffe Ck, Saltwater Ck and Dutton St drain
- Status: Closed
Council will be undertaking drain maintenance works at the following locations from Tuesday 5 May:
- Hamliffe Creek, Aeroglen - between Aeroglen Drive and the Captain Cook Highway;
- Saltwater Creek, Edge Hill - west of MacNamara St / Greenslopes St intersection;
- Dutton St drain, Portsmith - between Hartley Creek carpark and the rail line.
This program is undertaken to remove built-up silt from major drainage channels to allow them to work at their full capacity.
Vegetation trimming and removal is required.
Drainage channels are designated marine environments and an approved Marine Plant Management Strategy is in place.