Roadworks - Downing Street
- Type of work: Minor Road Works
- Suburb: Earlville
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 08/06/2020 to 12:00am 22/06/2020
- Description: Kerb & channel replacement, footpath repairs and drainage culvert replacement
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Odours; Property Access; Traffic Control; Road Closure
- Location: Downing Street / Balaclava Road
- Status: Closed
The following improvement works are programmed for Downing Street, Earlville, from Monday, 8 June 2020, weather permitting:
Type of works:
(a) Kerb and channel replacement and footpath repairs on the western side of Downing St (adjacent to property no. 46 Balaclava Rd); and
(b) Removal and replacement of drainage culverts underneath the roadway at the intersection of Downing St and Balaclava Rd and associated road repairs
Approx. duration: 2 weeks to complete (weather permitting), 7am - 5pm
A temporary road closure of Downing St / Balaclava Rd intersection, from Wednesday 10 June, will be required during drainage culvert upgrades with detours via Gordon St > Mansfield St > Downing St. Local access will be maintained under traffic management.
Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions.
Council appreciates your patience and cooperation during this time.