Abbott St footpath upgrade
- Type of work: Footpath & Cycleway Works
- Suburb: Cairns city
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 31/08/2020 to 12:00am 25/09/2020
- Description: Footpath upgrade along Cairns Court House frontage
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control
- Location: Abbott Street
- Status: Closed
The following improvement works are programmed to start in Abbott Street during the week of MONDAY 31 AUGUST 2020 (weather permitting):
- Type of work: Replacement of the footpath on the eastern side of Abbott St, along the Cairns Court House frontage - existing pavers will be replaced with an exposed aggregate concrete finish (this project includes the planting of three new street trees and installation of two bike racks).
- Duration: Approx. 4 weeks to complete, weather permitting
- Contact info: Call 4044 3326 or email email@example.com
During construction, there may be temporary disruptions such as noise and dust however, we will minimise inconveniences wherever possible.
There will be a need for the southbound lane, closest to the kerb, to be closed at times during construction.
Car parking bays will also be temporarily closed to accommodate a pedestrian detour and construction workspace. These will be reopened when it is safe to do so.
Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions. Council appreciates your patience and cooperation during this time.
This project was partly funded by the Australian Government Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program.