Roundabout works - Collins Ave/Pease St/Woodward St
- Type of work: Minor Road Works
- Suburb: Edge Hill
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 01/04/2019 to 12:00am 17/04/2019
- Description: Roundabout asphalt and safety works.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control; Road Closure
- Location: Collins Ave/Pease St/Woodward St roundabout
- Status: Closed
Wet weather has postponed this work. New dates will be advised when they are confirmed.
The following improvement works are programmed for the Collins Ave / Woodward St / Pease St roundabout:
- Asphalt night works proposed for MONDAY EVENING, 1 APRIL and TUESDAY EVENING, 2 APRIL 2019 from 7.00pm to 3.00am, weather permitting. Asphalt works to be staged, with the western side of the roundabout to be resurfaced on Monday evening and the eastern side of the roundabout resurfaced on Tuesday evening. This work will be noisy and night works are proposed given high traffic and pedestrian movements, and associated business disruptions if works were to be undertaken during the day. Please contact Council by Monday 25 March if you have concerns regarding the proposed dates and times.
While works are underway, road closures will be required. Local access will remain via traffic control. Please note: After 7pm on Tuesday evening, 2 April all resident access to the one-lane section of Woodward St (from the roundabout to Mayers St) will be via Mayers St - traffic controllers will safely guide motorists to their properties.
Once asphalt works are complete, a ‘Bicycle Awareness Zone’ will be introduced. This aims to improve cycling safety and it includes:
- Reducing the speed limit on the approaches to the roundabout to 30km/hr;
- On-road stencilling of bicycle symbols to advise all road-users that cyclists are encouraged to ‘take the lane’ and use the traffic lane to travel through the roundabout;
- Line marking to clearly define the traffic lanes – for use by vehicles and bicycles.
The above line marking and signage changes will take approximately two weeks to complete.
Council apologises for any inconvenience caused and appreciates your patience during these necessary safety improvement works. If you have any concerns regarding this work or would like further information, please call 4044 3303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.