Collins Avenue footpath upgrade
- Type of work: Footpath & Cycleway Works
- Suburb: Edge Hill
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 16/03/2020 to 12:00am 30/04/2020
- Description: Footpath upgrade and other improvements between the Botanic Gardens Visitor Centre and the Red Arrow entrance
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control
- Location: Collins Avenue
- Status: Closed
Footpath and other improvement works are underway between the Botanic Gardens Visitor Centre and the entrance to the Red Arrow walking trail on Collins Avenue.
This project aims to provide additional hard surfacing to better accommodate the Tanks Markets and other events.
As shown on the concept plan ( PDF, 1 MB ), additional pavement areas will be installed around the existing footpath within the area between the Botanic Gardens Visitor Centre and the Red Arrow entrance.
Other landscaping improvements will include:
- low set stone walls for additional seating;
- installation of hard paving surfaces and grass paving to allow for vehicle use; and
- improvements to the Tanks Arts Centre entrance.