Car parking changes - Charles St
- Type of work: Car Park Works
- Suburb: Cairns North
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 04/02/2019 to 12:00am 07/06/2019
- Description: CBD parking improvement works on Charles St, between Sheridan St and Lake St.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control
- Location: Charles St (Sheridan to Lake)
- Status: Closed
Works have been programmed to start on Charles Street, between Sheridan St and Lake St, from Monday 4 February 2019, weather permitting.
Works will involve fomalising the kerbside parking bays and introducing centre median parking.
Once these works are complete, an additional 39 car parking spaces will be gained in this block of Charles St.
Several street trees will be removed as a result of these works. Wherever possible, replanting will occur to offset any removals.
While works are underway, noise, dust and lane closures are expected and it will also be necessary to temporarily close car parking bays. Access for local traffic will remain via traffic controllers.
Every effort will be made to reduce these disruptions during this time and we thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Weather permitting, it is expected to take around 8-10 weeks to complete all works.
For further information about this project, please call Council on (07) 4044 3326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.