City Safe Programme
- Suburb: Cairns City
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 18/05/2020 to 12:00am 20/05/2020
- Description: CCTV infrastructure installation
- Likely impacts: Noise; Traffic Control
- Location: Abbot Street (Shields St to Spence St) opposite Orchid Plaza & Abbott Street/Wharf Street intersection
- Status: Closed
The continuation of the City Safe programme will see CCTV infrastructure installed at the following sites in the coming weeks:
- Abbott Street (Shields Street to Spence Street), opposite Orchid Plaza on MONDAY 18 MAY AND TUESDAY 19 MAY 2020
- Abbott Street / Wharf Street intersection, centre median of Abbott Street opposite The Reef Hotel Casino on TUESDAY 19 MAY AND WEDNESDAY 20 MAY 2020
The approximate duration of these works will be two (2) days at both locations with intermittent return visits required until 30 June 2020.
Temporary lane closures will be required. Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions.
Council appreciates your patience and cooperation during this period.