Roadworks - Gatton St / Brown St
- Type of work: Minor Road Works
- Suburb: Manunda
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 18/03/2020 to 12:00am 23/03/2020
- Description: Asphalt overlay and cycling safety works
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control; Road Closure
- Location: Gatton St / Brown St roundabout
- Status: Closed
Bicycle safety improvement works will be undertaken on the Gatton St / Brown St roundabout, from WEDNESDAY 18 MARCH 2020 (weather permitting).
This work involves the introduction of a ‘Bicycle Awareness Zone’ (BAZ) which includes:
- An asphalt overlay of the roundabout on Wednesday 18 March & Thursday 19 March (9am to 3pm);
- Reducing the speed limit on the approaches to the roundabout to 30km/hr;
- On-road stencilling of bicycle symbols to advise all road-users that cyclists are encouraged to ‘take the lane’ and use the traffic lane to travel through the roundabout;
- Line marking to clearly define the traffic lanes – for use by vehicles and bicycles;
- Relocation of speed control signage and construction of two new traffic islands to display signage.
While works are underway, please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions, and follow detours as sign posted.
Council apologises for any inconvenience caused and appreciates your patience during these necessary safety improvement works.