Bartle Frere - Bridge replacements
- Type of work: Minor Road Works
- Suburb: Bartle Frere
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 17/10/2016 to 12:00am 15/09/2017
- Description: Bartle Frere Bridge works
- Likely impacts: Traffic Control; Road Closure
- Status: Closed
Works update (as at 27 July 2017)
The works are progressing well on the bridge replacement works.
Deep Creek Bridge has reopened to traffic.
Thank you for your patience while the detour was in place.
Rudge Bridge (Josephine Creek Bridge):
- Stage One works are nearing completion. Vehicles will be diverted to the new half of the bridge from late April to allow Stage Two works to commence.
- Stage Two works will be underway from late April until early September, weather permitting.
Motorists are reminded that speed limit restrictions are in place within the work zone, please observe and obey all changes to normal conditions.
***Please note - a 25 tonne load limit is in place for all traffic using the bridge until the completion of Stage Two works***
Bridge replacement works are underway on the following two bridges on Bartle Frere Rd, Bartle Frere. These bridges are en route to Josephine Falls and Golden Hole swimming holes.
Deep Creek Bridge: Works are underway to remove and replace this bridge. While works are underway, a detour is required. Motorists are advised to take Thiele Rd > Watson Rd > Price Rd. One section of the detour will be one-way and will be under the control of temporary traffic signals. Download a copy of the detour map ( PDF, 0.06 MB ) here.
Rudge Bridge (Josephine Creek Bridge): This bridge will be replaced in stages and will remain open to traffic.
- Stage One: November 2016 to March 2017 - bridge piling works from 6 December
- Stage Two: March 2017 to September 2017
Motorists are reminded to drive according to the site conditions and delays may be experienced. Please observe and obey changes to normal conditions. Speed limit restrictions will also be in place.
Council appreciates your patience during these necessary upgrade works.
Call Council on 4044 3044 or email email@example.com for more information.