Balaclava Road improvement works
- Type of work: Minor Road Works
- Suburb: Earlville
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 23/09/2019 to 12:00am 30/12/2019
- Description: Improvement works for Balaclava Rd
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control
- Location: Balaclava Road
- Status: Closed
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The majority of works are now complete. Footpath works are still in progress and line marking will occur over the next few weeks.
Further improvement works are planned for Balaclava Road from Monday 23 September 2019, weather permitting.
This project will be constructed in stages. The first stage of works will be within the Yarrum Street to Mulgrave Road section.
Residents will be advised at a later stage once construction timeframes are confirmed for the remaining blocks (ie. Yarrum Street to Watson Street).
This project will include the following components:
- Kerbing, footpath and safety improvements
- Road improvements including pavement upgrade and line marking
- New street trees
- Street lighting
The below plan provides further information.
During construction, lane closures will be required. There will also be temporary disruptions to property driveways and car parking however, we will minimise inconveniences wherever possible. Road closures may also be required during the works program.
Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions.
Council appreciates your patience and cooperation during this time. Please email email@example.com for further information.