Annual Sewer relining program
- Type of work: Sewerage Works
- Suburb: Cairns region
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 12/09/2018 to 12:00am 01/07/2019
- Description: Annual sewer relining program across Cairns region.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Odours
- Location: Across Cairns region
- Status: Closed
Annual maintenance program of regions sewer system to ensure structural integrity of the sewers. These works not only extend the life of the assets, but can also result in a substantial reduction in demand to the sewage treatment facilities and overall energy reduction, especially during the wet season or rain events.
Works will involve the insertion of a liner into the existing sewer pipeline, through existing manholes. Little or no excavation works are required and there should be no disruption to your water and wastewater services. Residents may however notice an increase in noise, lighting, possible odour and vehicle movements in the area during the works.
It is recommended that lids on your toilets remain closed while these works are being undertaken. This will help prevent any potential splashback during the pressure cleaning part of the relining process.
Working hours are typically:
- Monday to Friday 7.00am to 6.00pm
- Saturday 7.00am to 4.00pm
Should you require further information in regards to the above work please contact Cairns Regional Council's Customer Service Centre on 1300 69 22 47.