Annual manhole rehabilitation program 19/20
- Type of work: Sewerage Works
- Suburb: Various
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 01/08/2019 to 12:00am 30/06/2020
- Description: Manhole inspections and maintenance works to existing manholes across various Cairns suburbs
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust
- Location: Various Cairns suburbs
- Status: Closed
As part of Council’s annual capital improvement program, manhole inspections and maintenance works will be undertaken to existing sewer manholes across various suburbs of Cairns to extend their usable life.
These works will commence from September 2019 and are expected to be completed by June 2020, subject to favourable weather conditions.
During these works, there may be some associated noise and dust during working hours but will be kept to a minimum where possible. Traffic management will be in place where construction activities affect vehicle and/or pedestrian movements. There should be no disruption to water and sewer services.
Working hours will typically be between 7am and 6pm, Monday to Friday and 7am to 4pm on Saturday. Any afterhours work being undertaken will be on an “as required” basis.
Should you require further information in regards to the above work please contact Cairns Regional Council's Customer Service Centre on 1300 69 22 47.