Roadworks - Anderson Rd
- Type of work: Minor Road Works
- Suburb: Woree
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 15/06/2020 to 12:00am 10/07/2020
- Description: Safety improvements near St Mary’s Catholic College and St Gerard Majella Primary School.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control
- Location: Anderson Road
- Status: Closed
Council will be improving road safety around the St Mary’s Catholic College and St Gerard Majella Primary School.
Works are due to start on MONDAY 15 JUNE 2020. These changes involve:
- Line marking the roadway to one-lane to make the pedestrian zebra crossing compliant with current Australia safety standards (as shown below);
- Installation of new concrete filled islands either side of the pedestrian crossing to ensure clear sightlines for motorists;
- Dedicated cycle lanes on the side of the road; and
- Improvements to existing bus stops to make it safer for buses entering and exiting the stops.
The new configuration also allows additional car parking to be gained in Anderson Road which will provide benefits during the busy school drop-off and pick-up times.
An asphalt overlay will also be undertaken on the southern side of Anderson Rd, from Des Chambers Drive to Windarra Street from MONDAY 15 JUNE UNTIL THURSDAY 18 JUNE 2020, with all works expected to be complete by FRIDAY 3 JULY 2020. During works, traffic delays may be experienced. There will also be temporary disruptions to property access.
This work will be carried out on the above date/s however if weather conditions are unsuitable, the works will be reprogrammed.
To ensure works can be carried out as scheduled, businesses and residents are asked not to leave vehicles parked in the street during the time of scheduled work. Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions.
Council appreciates your patience and cooperation during this time. If you would like further information about these works, please call Council on (07) 4044 3303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.