Abbott Street, between Minnie and Upward Sts
- Type of work: Minor Road Works
- Suburb: Cairns City
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 15/09/2018 to 12:00am 17/09/2018
- Description: Pavement rehabilitation and asphalt overlay works
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Odours; Property Access; Traffic Control; Road Closure
- Status: Closed
Pavement rehabilitation and asphalt overlay works are programmed for the eastern side of Abbott St (between Minnie and Upward Streets) from Saturday 15 Sept 2018, weather permitting.
- Saturday 15th - 7am to 6pm
- Sunday 16th - 8am to 6pm
- Monday 17th - 7am to 3pm
During works, the kerbside parking bays on the eastern side of the street and the centre median parking bays will be inaccessible. The inbound traffic lane (coming from Upward St) will be closed to through traffic – with detours in place.
Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions.
To ensure works can be carried out as scheduled, businesses and residents are asked not to leave vehicles/trailers parked on the eastern side of Abbott Street during the time of scheduled work. There will be periods when property access will be disrupted.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience during these necessary improvement works.
For further information please call 4044 3303 or email email@example.com.