Abbott St footpath upgrade
- Type of work: Footpath & Cycleway Works
- Suburb: Cairns city
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 14/04/2020 to 12:00am 31/05/2020
- Description: Footpath upgrade from Woolworths to Hepworth Jewellers
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control
- Location: Western side of Abbott St (Spence to Shields)
- Status: Closed
Footpath upgrade works are programmed to start in Abbott St on Tuesday 14 April 2020.
This will involve renewing the footpath and driveway crossover on the western side of Abbott St, from the Woolworths Supermarket (103 Abbott St) to Hepworth Jewellers (109-115 Abbott St).
The existing footpath will be replaced with an exposed aggregate concrete finish.
Existing footpath infrastructure, such as signs, parking ticket machines, litter bins and seating will be reinstalled in similar locations. The post box outside Hepworth Jewellers will be temporarily removed and it is expected to be replaced by early May 2020.
Works are expected to take approximately 8 weeks to complete, weather permitting. All disruptions will be minimised wherever possible. Thank you for your patience during construction.
For further information please email email@example.com.