Don't pay for water you don't use!
To identify if you have a leak, you can follow this procedure:
- Choose a time when you are not using any appliances that use water
- Make sure all taps are turned off and toilet cisterns aren't filling
- Take an initial meter reading (read both the black and the red digits)
- Leave all appliances turned off for at least an hour after the reading has been taken
- Take a second meter reading (read both the black and the red digits)
If the second reading is greater than the initial reading, this indicates that water has passed through the meter and you may have a leak. We recommend that you contact a licenced plumber to help find the leak.
To prevent a high water bill, check for leaks regularly!
Check Taps, Hose Fittings, Toilets and Shower Heads.
For more information please refer to Council's Concealed Water Leak Policy ( PDF, 0.04 MB ).