The Smart Catchments: Saltwater Creek study is led by Cairns Regional Council in partnership with James Cook University, the Wet Tropics Healthy Waterways Partnership and Itron Australasia. Find out more about the project partners.
Last updated: 28 February 2019
Water supply & use
- Saving water
- Smart water meters
- Water sources and supply
- Water and Waste Education
- Our water security
- Wastewater management
- Online Plumbing services applications FAQ
- Online Water services applications FAQ
- Trade waste
- Water billing
- Water strategy & policy
- Water quality
- Project Goals and Progress
- The Study Team
Got a question?
- What is a catchment?
- What is the urban water cycle and how does it differ from the natural water cycle?
- What is stormwater and how does it impact on the Great Barrier Reef?
- What is Cairns Regional Council doing to ensure that stormwater doesn’t impact on the Great Barrier Reef?
- How will the Smart Catchments project monitoring tools differ to current monitoring methods used by Council?
- What are the greatest threats to the Great Barrier Reef and how can I help?
- Who is funding the Smart Catchments Saltwater Creek project?
- Who is delivering the Smart Catchments project?
- Saltwater Creek
- Waste & recycling
- Drains & waterways
Roads & public works
- Road safety
- Partnership Cairns
- Lights and signals
Parking in Cairns
- Where to park in the city
- Parking permits
- Campervan and RV parking
- Parking fines
- Licence Plate Recognition
- Changes to parking in the CBD
Works in progress
- Annual Sewer relining program
- Holloways Beach foreshore improvement
- Works to sewer pump station at Coastwatchers Park
- New sewer pump station Kewarra Beach
- Improvement works to wetwell and valve pit lids
- Works to sewer pump station in Babinda
- Improvement works to sewer pump station at Fuller Park
- Charles St parking improvements
- Trinity Beach foreshore pathway upgrade
- Northern Beaches Leisure Trail - Clifton Beach North
- Cattana Wetlands improvements
- Smart Urban Irrigation Project
- Redlynch recreation parklands - pathway works
- Installation of Outdoor Warning Stations in the Redlynch Valley
- Roadworks - Trinity Beach Road
- Footpath works - Cairns Botanic Gardens
- Roadworks - Irene St, Earlville
- Roadworks – Lake St & Abbott St (Aplin to Florence)
- Greenpatch improvement works
- Roadworks - Redlynch Intake Rd
- Council's new laboratory
- Roadworks - Scott Street
- Roadworks - Lake Morris Road
- Water main replacement in the CBD
- Centenary Lakes boardwalk replacement
- Centenary Lakes Nature Playground maintenance
- Jack Barnes mangrove boardwalk closure
- Intersection changes - McLeod St / Arthur St
- Demolition works - Hartley and Grafton streets
- Roadworks - Ramsey Drive
- Public Toilet Refurbishment - Various locations
- Roadworks - Fearnley St
- Footpath works - Yarrum St, Earlville
- Roadworks - Trinity Beach Rd, Trinity Beach
- Cannon St roadworks
- Roadworks - Greenslopes St