The Water and Waste plumbing section has a strong commitment to maintaining accurate records and providing a high standard of customer service to residential, commercial and industrial groups of our community.
Primary functions are:
- Processing and approving plumbing applications within 20 business days (sewer only).
- Building over Councils’ sewer infrastructure.
- Inspections of approved plumbing works.
- Provision of Sewer Main / As Constructed Plans – Sewer Plan Requests.
- Services Search - Sewer and Water Infrastructure As Constructed Plan search.
- Backflow Prevention, maintain a register of devices in Cairns Regional Council area.
- Solar/Heat pump hot water installations.
- Rainwater tank installation.
- Processing and approving applications for new residential, rural and commercial.
- Water meter services and subdivisional connections.
- Processing applications for subsidiary water meters .
- Relocation/renewal of residential, rural and commercial water services.
- Undertaking inspections and testing of approved subdivisional water and sewer works.
The following information sheets are available in the related documents area.
- Plumbing applications ( PDF, 0.06 MB )
- Water services/subdivisional connections ( PDF, 0.05 MB )
- Backflow prevention testing & reporting - endorsed Queensland licensed plumbers ( PDF, 0.03 MB )