The Water and Waste plumbing section has a strong commitment to maintaining accurate records and providing a high standard of customer service to residential, commercial and industrial groups of our community.
Primary functions are:
- Processing and approving plumbing applications as per guidelines on the Form 1 Application
- Building over Councils’ sewer infrastructure.
- Inspections of approved plumbing works.
- Provision of Sewer Main and Drainage Plan As Constructed Plans – Sewer Plan Requests.
- Backflow Prevention, maintain a register of devices in Cairns Regional Council area.
- Inspection and processing applications for subsidiary water meters.
- Undertaking inspections and testing of approved subdivisional water and sewer works.
For more information on water meter and sub-water meter installation and specifications, visit our Water strategy & policy page.