Services We Provide...
Cairns Regional Council Laboratory Services is an advanced analytical laboratory offering a range of services to industry and the community, comprising of both chemical and microbiological laboratories.
The Laboratory provides testing services to Cairns Regional Council and other local councils, government agencies, businesses, farms, and private customers for a range of National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) accredited Chemical and Biological analysis;
- NATA accredited sampling services
- Analysis of waters, including bore water, to determine suitability for drinking or for regulatory requirements
- Analysis of water for Freshcare requirements (the National On-Farm Assurance Program)
- Drinking water quality testing for the Cairns region
- Analysis of wastewater from the six waste water treatment plants
- Analysis of council pools and lagoon
- Analysis of environmental water and gases from around waste water treatment plants, and landfills.
A list of NATA accredited testing offered by the lab can be found on the NATA website.
Testing made easy
The laboratory can provide you with an exceedance notification (automatic email if the results is above the guideline), pre-labelled suitable sample containers, easy to complete chain of custody forms or results in spreadsheet format.
The laboratory is open Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm. However, samples requiring certain tests may incur overtime charges if delivered on Thursday or Friday. Please contact the laboratory prior to collection
- All samples must be received at the laboratory within 24 hours of collection, stored in an esky with ice bricks.
- Sampling collection services can be provided by our laboratory. Please contact the laboratory to discuss your requirements
- Please contact the laboratory prior to sample collection. Specialised containers will be provided by the laboratory - these are included in the cost of testing.
- Our standard turnaround time is 10 business days. However, Interim reports can be provided upon negotiation with the laboratory
- A Certificate of Analysis will be emailed to the specified recipients in a PDF format. We can also provide the results as a CSV file on request
- The laboratory can provide basic analytical information, although we do not provide interpretive, or treatment advice.
Analysis costs vary dependent on the tests to be completed, please contact the laboratory for a quotation prior to testing.
Call us today to request a full list of tests provided, costs associated or to discuss how we can help with your professional testing email: email@example.com or phone: 07 4044 8344.