Council installs, maintains and renews signage and line marking and reflective markers across the region's road network. Types of signage include:
- Regulatory signs such as stop and give way signs, speed limit signs and parking signs;
- Warning signs advising of upcoming changes in driving situations - these are usually yellow;
- Identification signs such as street and place name signs, and points of interest signs;
- Directional signs advising of the direction and / or location of places or points of interest;
- Information and educational signs; and
- Temporary signs advising of short-term changes in conditions such as roadworks.
Most signs have a 7 to 10 year lifespan with the most common fault being fading and loss of reflectivity. Painted lines and symbols are periodically tested for reflectivity and are renewed on a multi-year program.
To report any signage or line marking issues
Call Council on 1300 69 22 47 or make an online customer request.