Licence Plate Recognition greatly reduces the amount of time that parking officers need to spend on patrols.
This will free up our inspectors to focus on other parking-related matters such as:
- Vehicles blocking drive ways
- Vehicles parked illegally in disabled parking bays
- Enquiries regarding regulated parking in the suburbs
- Reviews of other areas to ensure future planning
- Review and patrol of school zones
We currently receive an average of 125 parking-related complaints each month.
The long-term objective is to remove metered parking in the city and off-set this with more patrols to ensure motorists are adhering to time limits.