Predictive Flood Inundation – Existing Conditions
The provided maps do not infer that a property is subject to total inundation from a defined flood event and are not fit for insurance eligibility determination purposes. These maps are also not suitable for the purpose of self-assessment as to whether a home on the property is immune to flooding and do not account for pre-existing localised drainage problems.
Flood modelling exercises have been commissioned to identify areas that are likely to be affected by a level of flood inundation in individual catchments for an extreme event defined as the 1% AEP flood event. These studies are a refinement of the Flood Inundation Overlay Flood Maps used in the Local Planning Scheme. These detailed studies identified localised flooding issues (including low-lying areas and overland flow paths) and assist with strategic planning exercises to develop local flood mitigation measures to reduce the impacts of flooding within the catchment.
1% AEP Predicted Flood Inundation Maps
- Barron - Smithfield ( PDF, 1.54 MB )
- Cairns Northern Beaches ( PDF, 0.69 MB )
- CBD - North Cairns ( PDF, 0.98 MB )
- Freshwater - Stratford - Aeroglen ( PDF, 1.59 MB )
- Gordonvale - Goldsborough ( PDF, 0.45 MB )
- Inner Suburbs ( PDF, 2.4 MB )
- Mount Peter ( PDF, 0.78 MB )
- Portsmith - Woree Industrial ( PDF, 0.61 MB )
- Redlynch Valley ( PDF, 0.76 MB )
- White Rock - Edmonton ( PDF, 1.23 MB )
You can request an individual property assessment by contacting Council - fees and charges apply.
Flood Zone and Storm Tide Information Request
A Flood Zone and Storm Tide Information search typically provides the following information:
- Range of ground levels
- 1% AEP flood and storm tide levels sourced from either Council or State Government resources
- Information to assist with determining habitable floor levels.
Payments methods currently accepted are EFTPOS, cash, credit card, cheque over-the-counter and by cheque only externally.