Impacts of COVID-19
Hello from Team Tanks
Last updated: Tuesday, 5 May 2020
To our Tanks patrons,
We want to assure you that we are committed to the safety and wellbeing of the community and of our staff, as well as the continuity of services, where appropriate.
In light of the Prime Minister’s announcement regarding changes to non-essential indoor gatherings, Tank 5 (music venue), Tank 4 (exhibition space), Tank 3 (performance and exhibition space), as well as the Botanic Gardens Visitor Centre, are closed until further notice.
The Cairns Botanic Gardens remains open, however visitors must adhere to social distances measurers. The cafe remains open for takeaway only. The conservatory is closed.
If you are still considering visiting the Precinct, please pay close attention to the following advice:
- * Do not visit if you have been in contact with any confirmed COVID-19 case OR if you have just returned from a travel-restricted country. Instead, you MUST SELF-ISOLATE for 14 days. Please check here for the up to date list of travel-restricted countries. Self-isolation means staying at home, not accepting visitors and avoiding situations where you come into contact with other people.
- * Do not visit if you have travelled to an area that has been affected by COVID-19 recently AND you have developed any of the following symptoms. Instead, you should self-isolate and seek medical care immediately;
- - Fever
- - Difficulty breathing
- - Flu-like symptoms such as a cough, sore throat or headache
- * If you do not meet either of the first two criteria, then you are permitted to visit, however please check the Cairns Botanic Gardens website here for up-to-date information before planning your visit. We respectfully request that you practice good hygiene when you attend. That includes washing your hands and covering your mouth (ideally with your arm or a handkerchief) if you sneeze or cough.
- * If you do meet either of the first two criteria, please call the dedicated Department of Health and Human Services hotline on 1800 675 398 and seek medical care.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding at this time. We will update this page with the latest advice as we receive it.
You can also find more information on the Coronavirus Health Information Line – simply call 1800 020 080, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Please find relevant media releases from Live Performance Australia, the peak body for Australia’s live performance industry here.
Cancelled and postponed performances (ticketed events)
If an event has been cancelled, a full refund will be provided to the original ticket holder. If you paid by credit card you will automatically receive your refund to the card you paid with. If you paid by cash or EFTPOS Ticketlink staff will be in contact with you in the coming days to arrange your refund. There is no need to contact Ticketlink at this time, ticket holders are asked to be patient.
If an event has been postponed to a later date, Ticketlink will email you in the coming days to ask for your preferred option, either a full refund or an exchange for the rescheduled event. Please keep checking your emails.
|Event and event date/s||Status||Outcome|
|The Black Sorrows, Fri 20 Mar||Cancelled||All refunds completed|
|The East Pointers, Sat 21 Mar||Cancelled||All refunds completed|
|Boy & Bear, Thurs 26 & Fri 27 Mar||Rescheduled to 4 & 5 Nov 2020||All exchanges and refunds complete.|
New show dates now on sale.
|The Waifs, Wed 8 Apr||Cancelled||All refunds completed|
|Buffy Sainte-Marie, Wed 15 Apr||Cancelled||All refunds completed|
|John Mayall, Thurs 16 Apr||Cancelled||All refunds completed|
|Ian Moss, Thurs 23 & Fri 24 Apr||Rescheduled to 16 & 17 Apr 2021||All exchanges and refunds complete.|
New show dates now on sale.
|Jeff Martin, Fri 8 May||Cancelled||All refunds completed|
|Regurgitator's Pogogo Show, Sun 17 May||Cancelled||All refunds completed|
|Screamfeeder, Fri 22 May||Cancelled||All refunds completed|
|Kim Churchill, Sat 23 May||Cancelled||All refunds completed|
|G Flip, Thur 28 & Fri 29 May||Postponed - new dates TBC||In progress|
|The Rubens, Sat 11 July||Rescheduled to 21 Nov 2020||Exchange process in progress|