The Cairns region has stunning locations for weddings - public parks, gardens, beach fronts and Council facilities such as the Tanks Arts Centre.

You will need permission and the relevant permits - for instance if you are serving food or alcohol, putting up any kind of structure or setting off fireworks - from Council to use public land and facilities for your ceremony, photographs or reception.

Information on the permits you need for each venue, including application forms, is available from the links below. If your location is not listed see the booking of public space page.

Last updated: 11 March 2016