Sugarworld Parklands, Edmonton's botanic reserve, is a great place to relax with the family.
These beautiful gardens are located just a 20 minute drive from the Cairns CBD. Admission is free and plenty of free parking is available.
Sugarworld Parklands features an all-abilities playground - with engaging structures and a sensory space designed to be used by children with various levels of ability - as well as barbecue areas, volleyball court and a great shady area for family gatherings, functions and wedding ceremonies in these magnificent surrounds.
Limited bookings during COVID-19
Council has reopened limited public space bookings in accordance with Stage 1 of the Queensland Government's road map for easing COVID-19 restrictions.
- From 16 May 2020, park and foreshore bookings for non-contact outdoor activities with a maximum of 10 people are permitted.
- From 12 June 2020, park, foreshore and hall activities for up to 20 people will be permitted, subject to Stage 2 of eased restrictions*.
We are now accepting park and hall bookings from 12 June for groups of up to 20 people. These bookings are subject to change should Stage 2 not come into effect on 12 June*.
The customer making the booking is responsible for ensuring all attendees comply with government directions and advice in relation to COVID-19, including social distancing and good hygiene practices. These are subject to change without notice.
* Prior to entering each stage, the Queensland Government will conduct a COVID SAFE check to assess impact before further easing of restrictions.
Location and hours of operation
The Sugarworld Parklands is open:
- 7 days a week
- Gates open: 7:00am-6:30pm
- Free entry
- Hambledon Drive, Edmonton
- Note: No dogs allowed. Do not feed the wildlife.
Events and functions
Sugarworld Parklands is a popular location for a private events, weddings, naming ceremonies and other functions. All functions must be booked in advance. Terms and Conditions of use apply.
The following areas are available for hire:
- Raintree 100+ people
- Thomas Swallow Area 30-50 people
- Orchard Area 100+ people
- Entry Area 100+ people
- Bamboo Grove 100+ people
For a wedding or ceremony:
For other events: