Council has a team of educators who can visit your school, learning centre or community organisation.
We offer a free-of-charge, engaging and interactive water education program to all schools (Prep to Year 12) throughout the Cairns region. The Smarter With Our Water education program is run by qualified educators and is designed to encourage a greater appreciation for Cairns water plus a deeper understanding as to why our water is too precious to waste.
- Read more about our Smarter with Water education program.
- Download and complete a WET Van Booking Application form to request a visit to your school and for all full terms and conditions.
- For all enquiries, please contact Polly or Danora by emailing email@example.com.
Council's Waste Education program provides a number of different services and resources to assist schools in reducing, reusing and recycling their waste. Our in-school waste education sessions and excursions to Council waste and resource recovery facilities (such as the waste education facility, the Rediscovery Centre) are suitable for students, teachers and administration staff.
The interactive and entertaining sessions are suitable for prep to year 12 and can be presented to individual classes, cohorts, and school assemblies.
Disaster management education
Council's Disaster Management team can visit your school to discuss natural hazards either as one-on-one sessions with teachers or classroom discussions. School excursions to the Local Disaster Coordination Centre are also possible. All sessions are tailored to meet individual needs.
- Read more about disaster management education resources.
- Please contact the Disaster Management Unit on 1300 69 22 47 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Animal management education
Council's Animal Management team take part in school visits throughout the Cairns region. These visits, called Petpep, are organised by the Australian Veterinary Association.