Available online transactions

You can do the following transactions online at a time convenient to you:

  • Apply for a Logon account with Council
  • Update your phone and email address
  • Update your postal address
  • Report a problem or request a service (eg maintenance request, pothole, barking dog)
  • Pay your rates and water accounts
  • Pay parking infringements
  • Pay sundry debtor account
  • Renew your animal (dog/cat) registration
  • Cancel an existing animal registration
  • Apply for a Footpath Dining Permit
  • Apply for a Parking permit - Business, Commercial, Residential or TPI
  • Submit a Development Application
  • View Development Applications

Logon account

Most current services do not require a Logon Account but some business-related services require it for identification and security reasons. By setting up a Logon Account, you can streamline your transactions as forms will self-populate with your recorded details. You can also see your transaction history.

Note: if you deal with Council under multiple names (eg property ownership under business name and animal registration under private individual name), you will need to create a separate Logon Account for each.

To set up your Logon Account for your business:

  1. Complete the online application for a new Logon Account.
  2. At the requested point in the application
    1. upload a letter on business letterhead, stating the contact person and their position in your organisation, and the authorisation to request a logon on behalf of the business; and
    2. enter your ABN.
  3. Once you have registered and your business details are verified, Council will activate your Logon Account.
  4. You will receive a unique username and password giving you full access to Cairns Regional Council's Online Self Service.

Online payments

Council accepts payments by Mastercard and Visa.

Online payments take a few seconds to process once you click "submit'. You will receive a confirmation message and receipt when your payment is complete. We recommend you print a copy of your receipt for any future queries.

All online transactions and information made via our eServices platform comply to information security standards with 256-bit encryption and TLS 1.1.

Information required for online transactions


  • Rates Assessment number (listed on your Rates Notice)
  • amount you are paying
  • credit card details

Water usage

  • Water Bill Assessment number (listed on your Water Usage Notice)
  • amount you are paying
  • Credit Card details

Parking infringements

  • Infringement Notice number (listed on your Infringement Notice)
  • credit card details
  • Note: Council is unable to accept part payments for Infringement Notices. If you are facing difficulties in paying, please contact our Customer Service Centre on 07 4044 3044 or email council@cairns.qld.gov.au.

Other invoices

  • account number (as quoted on all invoices, statements and correspondence regarding your account).
  • surname, if the account is held in personal names, or the full company or association name.
  • credit card details

Dog registration renewal

  • animal number (listed on the annual renewal application form)
  • credit card details

Multiple payments

Use the Shopping Cart to make multiple payments simply with a single transaction (except for “Other invoices” which can only be paid one at a time).

You can pay any number of accounts, in any combination or order by adding accounts to your cart. When you are finished. click on the PAY button and enter your credit card details once to pay all of the selected accounts.

Incorrect payment amount

If you have completed your transaction and entered an incorrect amount, then:

  • Underpayments - simply perform an additional transaction for the outstanding amount.
  • Overpayments -  contact Customer Service on 1300 69 22 47 to discuss suitable arrangements.  Have your receipt handy.


Refunds are only possible where the account is in credit or the monies were not intended for payment to Council e.g. incorrect biller code.

To request a refund, submit the Rates and Water Usage Refund / Transfer Request form  ( PDF, 0.13 MB ) and provide proof of your payment.

No results were found