This emergency action plan details the processes to notify people who live immediately downstream of Copperlode Falls Dam in the unlikely event of a dam failure. Read more
The Early Warning System provides multiple emergency alerts to the persons at risk in the unlikely event of a dam failure. Read more
An Evacuation Guide has been developed to assist persons at risk (PAR) in the Redlynch Valley area in the unlikely event of a dam-related emergency. Read more
Sign up to Cairns Alert to receive emergency related notifications for the Redlynch Valley and surrounding areas. Read more
Frequently asked questions regarding Copperlode Falls Dam Emergency Action Plan, the Early Warning System, installation of the Outdoor Warning Stations and their live testing, and the impacts to the community. Read more
Copperlode Dam Early Warning System testing Read more
Last updated: 16 June 2020
- Cairns Alert
- Cairns Disaster Dashboard
- Storm surge
- Wild fire
- Accessible information
- Living With Water
- Be ready, Cairns
Copperlode Emergency Action Plan
- About the EAP
- Early Warning System
- Evacuation Guide
- Cairns Alert
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do we have an Emergency Action Plan (EAP) for Copperlode Falls Dam?
- Why do we need an Early Warning System?
- What is an Early Warning System?
- What is an Outdoor Warning Station?
- Where are the Outdoor Warning Stations located?
- What is the likelihood of a dam failure?
- When were these Outdoor Warning Stations installed?
- Do the Outdoor Warning Stations emit a radio frequency?
- How will I be kept informed of updates, changes to processes, new information?
- How can I find out more about flood mapping?
- What is Live Testing and why do we need it?
- What do I need to do during live testing?
- How do I take care of my pets during live testing?
- What can I expect during live testing?
- Where can I find out more information?
- Live testing
- Cairns Resilient Businesses Network