COVID-19: Cairns Libraries
What are the conditions of entry?
As a condition of entry to Cairns Libraries, visitors must provide contact details and consent to this information being forwarded to Queensland Health to enable Covid-19 contact tracing procedures.
- Do not enter if you are unwell
- Use the hand sanitiser provided before you enter
- You must provide your contact details as a condition of entry
- Keep 1.5 metres away from others
- Only credit card transactions taken, no cash accepted
What services are currently available?
Almost all services are currently available including new membership, borrowing, returns and reservations, public computers, reading areas, printing and photocopying and Wi-Fi. Public programs will be commencing at the end of July.
When do I bring my books back?
You can bring your books back anytime! All libraries and library book return chutes are now open and available 24/7. A book return chute is also available at the DFO.
Will I be charged any overdue fees?
No. Council does not charge overdue fees for late library items. Once overdue items have been returned, your membership status returns to normal.
How are we going to quarantine the books and resources?
Council is following guidelines provided by its professional library body – Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) - and as such all items will be quarantined for a period of 24 hours.
How will I be informed of any changes?
Stay connected via Council’s and Cairns Libraries’ website, and through our social media.
Attending Library Events
When attending any Library event the Conditions of Entry must be followed:
- Do not attend any event if you are unwell
- Use hand sanitiser provided before you enter any event
- You must provide your contact details as a condition of attendance
- Remain 1.5 metres away from others at all times
Cairns Libraries observes zero tolerance to aggression and violence. Threatening, abusive or a physically violent behaviour will not be accepted from anyone under any circumstances.
Visit Queensland Health or call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84).
Visit Cairns Regional Council webpage for current updates regarding Council.