COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update
All public swimming pools are open. For specific information on how pools are operating under COVID-19 please refer to their website.
Public swimming pools are available for use by the general public for a small fee. Pools are located at the following locations:
- Tobruk Memorial
- Marlin Coast
You can also cool off at Sugarworld Waterpark in Edmonton, with shaded resort-style pools, tipping buckets, water cannons and waterslides (no lap swimming pool).
Address: Church Street, Babinda.
Babinda swimming pool is accessible for swimmers and spectators with a disability. It is manned by trained lifeguards with first-aid qualifications. For information on programs, Learn to Swim, opening times and entry fees, contact the pool operators on 4067 1211 or visit their Facebook site.
- 50m swimming pool
- Covered grandstand with 400-seat capacity
- Covered BBQ area
Summer opening hours: 6 October to 3 June
- Monday to Friday - 6am to 11am and 1pm to 6pm
- Saturday - 8am to 12noon
- Sundays and public holidays - closed
- Winter months - re-opening Tuesday 6 October 2020
Address: 79 Sheppard Street, Gordonvale.
Gordonvale Aquatic Centre offers learn to swim classes year-round in the heated pool as well as aqua classes. Contact the pool operators on 4056 1353 for details on programs, opening times, fees and charges or visit their Facebook site.
- 25m indoor heated swimming pool
- Children's wading pool
- Indoor grandstand with 300-seat capacity.
Year-round opening hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday - 6am to 6pm
- Wednesday – 6am to 7pm
- Saturday – 8am to 12:30pm
- Sunday – 9am to 1pm
- Public holidays – as advertised
Address: 1 Pool Close, Woree
Woree Aquatic Centre is the home of the Cairns Stingrays Swimming Club and Li'l Stingers Learn To Swim (which offers year-round classes in the heated indoor pool). For more information on programs, opening times and entry fees please contact the pool operators on 4054 6964 or visit www.woreepool.com.au
Cairns Stingrays Swimming Club is a family friendly swimming club, focusing on both recreational and competitive swimming. Visit cairnsstingrays.com.au.
- 50m heated swimming pool (heated in winter only)
- 25m indoor heated swimming pool. For information on availability please visit www.woreepool.com.au
- Children's free form swimming pool (closed in winter)
- Children's wading pool (closed in winter)
- Covered grandstand with 800-seat capacity
Summer opening hours: 1 October to 30 April
- Monday to Thursday – 5:30am to 7:30pm
- Friday – 5:30am to 6pm
- Saturday – 7:30am to 5:30pm
- Sunday – 7:30am to 5:30pm
Winter opening hours: 1 May to 30 September
- Monday to Friday – 5:30am to 6:00pm
- Saturday and Sunday – 7:30am to 4:00pm
Public Holidays: closed
- New Years Day
- Good Friday
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
Address: 370 Sheridan Street, North Cairns
Tobruk Memorial Pool is the region's highest profile swimming facility. Council undertook a $23.7 million redevelopment of the aquatic facility, with the new complex reopened on 14 May 2016.
Tobruk Memorial Pool is proudly managed by Belgravia Leisure. For more information on programs, learn to swim, opening times and entry fees please visit the Tobruk Memorial Pool website or contact Belgravia Leisure on 4051 2604 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 50 metre pool to FINA specifications for lap swimming
- 25 metre program pool for warm up/ warm down (events)
- 25 metre pool for hydrotherapy activities and learn to swim
- Swimming and water safety classes
- Junior squads
- Toddler water play pool
- Aqua aerobics and adult Swim Fit classes
- Flow Rider – casual sessions and coaching
- Café and retail shop
- Meeting and training room
Summer opening hours: start of September School holidays to end of Easter School holidays
- Monday – Thursday – 5.30am – 8pm
- Friday – 5:30am - 7pm
- Saturday – 6am – 5pm
- Sunday – 8am – 5pm
Winter opening hours: end of Easter School holidays to start of September School holidays
- Monday – Thursday – 5:30am - 7:30pm
- Friday – 5.30am – 7pm
- Saturday – 6am – 4pm
- Sunday – 9am – 4pm
- Public holidays – 9am - 5pm
Marlin Coast Bicentennial Pool
Address: Leisure Park Road (off Cheviot Street), Smithfield
The Marlin Coast Bicentennial Pool is the home of the Marlin Coast Swimming Club and Frogs Legs Swim School, which runs year-round swim lessons in the heated indoor pool. MCSF offer baby and toddler classes, learn to swim, squads up to senior level and adult squads. Aqua classes are also held throughout the year. For more information on programs, learn to swim, opening times and entry fees please visit www.mcsf.com.au or contact the pool on email@example.com or phone 4057 7720.
Marlin Coast Swimming Club is a family friendly swimming club, focusing on competitive swimming.
- 50m heated swimming pool
- 25m heated swimming pool
- Freeform children's pool; Children's wading pool
- Covered Grandstand with 800 seat capacity
Summer opening hours: 1 October to 19 May
- Monday to Thursday – 5:15am to 7pm
- Friday – 5:15am to 6pm
- Saturday – 6:30am to 5pm
- Sunday – 9am to 5pm
- Public holidays – please check with the pool
Winter opening hours: 20 May to 30 September
- Monday to Thursday – 5:30am to 7pm
- Friday – 5:30am to 6pm
- Saturday – 7am to 5pm
- Sunday – 9am to 4pm