In addition to Council’s General Terms and Conditions of Use for Venue Hire, the following terms and conditions apply to the Botanic Gardens and Centenary Lakes (excluding Tanks Arts Centre):
- Council reserves the right to photograph and/or video the hirer’s use of the venue during the period of hire unless specifically asked not to do so.
- Nothing contained in these conditions shall confer to the hirer any right to use an intellectual property of Council for any purpose.
- Pegging of infrastructure into the grounds is strictly prohibited.
- Requests for cancellation of a booking must be made in writing by the hirer to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two (2) weeks prior to the booking date to receive a full refund on the venue hire fees. If, for any reason, including inclement weather, an event is cancelled by the hirer less than two (2) weeks prior to booking date, 50% of the total venue hire fees will be retained as a cancellation fee. If an event is cancelled less than 48 prior to the booking date, all venue hire fees will be retained.
- Noise: The hirer must ensure that:
- Noise is kept at a level that will not adversely impact on the amenity of nearby residents.
- Noise levels produced 3m immediately in front of any speaker system does not exceed 100dB between the hours of 10:00am and 7:00pm.
- There is to be no use of profanity or obscenities over amplified sound systems.