Barlow Park is Cairns' premier football and athletics facility. It comprises two rectangular fields, an IAAF-standard athletics track with grassed field, long jump pits, grandstand, corporate boxes, function room, eatery outlets, amenities blocks and car parking.
Barlow Park is home of the Cairns District Rugby League (CDRL), FNQ Rugby, Cairns Athletics, Northern Pride Rugby League Club, and Cairns Football Club.
Upcoming events & closures
- Please note that Barlow Park will be closed for the Christmas break commencing COB Friday 21 December 2018 and will reopen on Wednesday 2 January 2019.
- Council will be undertaking scheduled field remediation works at Barlow Park from 11 December 2018 to 31 January 2019. During this time no venue hire bookings will be taken due to the limited field availability. The Track will be available during the Casual Use hours between 4pm and 7pm, Monday to Friday from Wednesday 2 January. Council apologises for any inconvenience during this time and looks forward to providing you with an improved facility in the new year.
Facilities and functions
Facility / Function
8-lane IAAF standard athletics track
International-standard Rugby League / Union field
114m long (100m field and 2 x 7m in goals) x 68m wide.
100m long x 68m wide.
Discus and shotput training circles
Toilets (inc. disabled)
First Aid Room
Food and Beverage outlets
Free casual public use (unless facility is booked for events or activities)
Bookings for groups, school carnivals, corporate training, workshops
How do I book?
Complete the applicable booking enquiry form from the "For Download" box below. Note: this is NOT a booking confirmation. We will respond to your enquiry within seven (7) business days.
Before you begin, please ensure you:
- Review the fees and charges ( PDF, 0.14 MB ) associated with the hire of the venue.
- Review the Barlow Park venue hire terms and conditions ( PDF, 0.46 MB ).
- Review our Management and Scheduling guidelines for facility user groups ( PDF, 1.09 MB ).
- Can provide a detailed statement of proposed event / activity, along with location and site plans.
- Have all relevant approvals, licences and valid Public Liability insurance for the event / activity.
- Are prepared to provide the details of your first aid and crowd safety arrangements.
- Contact the Barlow Park Coordinator on (07) 4044 3645 or via email for further assistance.
Address: Cnr Scott and Severin Streets, Parramatta Park
- IAAF international athletics facility
- Available for sporting events, training, casual use and functions
- Home of Cairns District Rugby League, FNQ Rugby, Cairns Athletics, Northern Pride Rugby League Club, Far North Queensland Football Club, Southside Crusaders Rugby Club.
- Casual use Monday-Friday 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- All other times by arrangement
- Bookings for groups and carnivals essential
For enquiries please contact 07 4044 3645.
To view a facility map and information see the related documents area.
- Rugby Union
- Rugby League
- Football (Soccer)
- Other sporting and recreation events
- Corporate training and workshops