Occupying Council Property

A number of different tenure agreements (the conditions under which land or buildings are held or occupied) are available for not for profit (NFP) groups, such as:

  • short and long term leases
  • permits or licences
  • management and user agreements, or
  • a combination of the above.

The type of tenure offered by Council will depend on:

  • the type of activity undertaken
  • what infrastructure is required
  • the suitability of the premises, and
  • how regularly the activity occurs.

Your tenure agreement will be one of the most valuable documents to your organisation
and it should be kept in a safe place by the committee.

Council has created a set of Guidelines for Community Tenure for your information.  This Guideline covers all aspects of Leasing or Agreements with Council and the associated forms that you may need if you want to occupy Council property.

Last updated: 18 January 2018