Open green space and simple facilities await in this local park.
History behind the name
Park and street are so named because there was a powder magazine in this street. The road was first surveyed in 1902 and an area was gazetted for an explosive magazine reserve. The magazine factory was built and commissioned in the latter half of the 1890's, under the charge of John Miller, and was closed down circa 1950.
The road was progressively bituminised between 1964-1967. The Magazine keeper was Arthur Sidney Howgego (1872-1964) who lived in a cottage beside the magazine from 1914-1937.