Beatrice Park is also known as Ah Ching Park and has a picnic setting, a playground for the kids and plenty of shade to relax under. Access is off Grevillea Street
History behind the name
The original sub-division streets were named after female Christian names.
Jimmy Ah Ching, was an early Chinese settler who did a great deal for local development. He arrived in Cairns in 1876 and owned 100 acres on the north side of Chinaman’s Creek. He grew rice from 1885 at the Fairview Estate. The hill at this estate was known as Ah Ching’s hill.