Enjoy an active lifestyle
Cairns is a great place to get outdoors and be active. There are a range of paths and cycle ways that allow you to explore this beautiful region at your own pace.
Recreational Bicycle Routes
If you'd like to try a new bike route in your area, we've got some easy-to-follow maps for you below.
- Brinsmead to Redlynch return 15.5km ( PDF, 0.83 MB )
- Freshwater/Lake Placid 14km ( PDF, 1.1 MB )
- Lake Placid 16km ( PDF, 0.81 MB )
- Redlynch 9.6km ( PDF, 0.67 MB )
- Edge Hill 10km ( PDF, 1.03 MB )
- Edge Hill 18km ( PDF, 1.1 MB )
- Edge Hill 20km ( PDF, 1.12 MB )
- Esplanade 4km ( PDF, 0.96 MB )
- Esplanade 10.2km ( PDF, 1.04 MB )
Cycling & Walking Network Implementation Plan: Map Portfolio
The following maps show the on-road and off-road networks throughout the Cairns region.