You're never too young to develop a green thumb!
The Little Taccas program, named after the tropical plant Tacca integrifolia, gives young children an appreciation for nature and gardening.
Aimed at children aged under five years, the fortnightly program features nature-based activities including art and craft, storytelling, sing-alongs and garden discovery walks.
Little Taccas is run at:
- Cairns Botanic Gardens precinct (Collins Avenue, Edge Hill)
- Sugarworld Parklands (Ravizza Drive, Edmonton)
The Little Taccas program is held fortnightly on Thursdays from 10am to noon. Children must be accompanied by a parent or care giver.
Numbers are capped at 15 children per session, with 5 stand-by positions. Children will only be accepted into one program, either the Cairns Botanic Gardens or Sugarworld Parklands, not both.
Bookings are essential (see below).
Little Taccas dates for 2020 - suspended due to Covid-19
Cairns Botanic Gardens
PROGRAM 1 Fully booked
PROGRAM 2 (registration opens 28 April) -
May 7 and 2; June 4 and 18; July 2
PROGRAM 3 (registrations open 6 July) -
July 16 and 30; August 13 and 27; September 10
PROGRAM 4 (registration open 14 September) -
September 24; October 8 and 22; November 5 and 19; December 3
PROGRAM 1 Fully booked
PROGRAM 2 (registration opens 28 April)
May 14 and 28; June 11 and 25; July 9
PROGRAM 3 (registration open 6 July)
July 23; August 6 and 20; September 3 and 17
PROGRAM 4 (registration opens 14 September)
October 1, 15 and 29; November 12 and 26; December 10
When bookings open, a form will be available at the bottom of this page (8.30am).
Bookings can include selected dates within the program or the entire program. Bookings can only be made for one program - either Cairns Botanic Gardens or Sugarworld Parklands.
Please do not call us once you have submitted the form. We will contact you by email to confirm your place.
Please allow 3 days for our staff to deal with applications. If you have not received a response in 3 days please contact us at email@example.com or 4032 6650.
- Individual bookings only, no groups / child care bookings (with the idea that each parent/carer of child is involved in the activity with the child in their care).
- Children will only be accepted into one program
- Children 5 years and under only.
- All children taking part in activity must be registered (babies under 5 months not included).
- Booking of places is done in chronological order of the time the form is received.
- Please ensure you complete all the details correctly to avoid disappointment.
Carers will receive a sms or phone call on the Tuesday prior to confirm attendance.
If you need to cancel please call or SMS 0429 983 252 by 9am on Thursday.