There are more than 1.2 million visits to Council's libraries each year with more than 1 million items loaned.
Our libraries offer 170,000 items across:
- Fiction and non-fiction books
- Talking books
Library cards are available to all residents of the Cairns local government area. All you need to do is present relevant ID confirming your name and address.
Library members can then borrow up to 30 items at a time for a three-week period (some exceptions apply for in-demand items).
Visitors can also access reference works, use the public computers, access free wi-fi or simply enjoy a quiet place to read.
For more information go to the Cairns Libraries' website.
Public libraries are located at the following locations.
- Babinda, 24 Munro St (07) 4067 1112
- Cairns City, 151 Abbott St (07) 4044 3720
- Earlville, Stockland Shopping Centre (07) 4044 3766
- Edmonton, 175 Bruce Hwy (07) 4044 3735
- Gordonvale, 88 Norman St (07) 4056 1365
- Manunda, Raintrees Shopping Centre (07) 4044 3779
- Smithfield, Cheviot St (07) 4044 3711
- Stratford, 11 Kamerunga Rd (07) 4044 3733