The Wangetti Trail is proposed as a 76 km long leisure trail for walkers and mountain bike riders that extends from Palm Cove to Port Douglas, primarily on State land.
The interim feasibility report identified the trail as having the potential to be an iconic world-class wilderness experience with the trail providing exceptional views of the ocean from the escarpment, and access to pristine waterfalls and rainforest streams.
Various accommodation options are proposed along the trail, including five huts at overnight campsites for users looking for a more comfortable of luxurious night's rest
Total Distance = 76 km
- Trail Head - Palm Cove (car park area at northern end)
- Section 1 (14 km) Palm Cove - Ellis Beach - Simpson Point
- Section 2 (14 km) Simpson Point - Wangetti - Hartley's Creek Waterfall
- Section 3 (16 km) Hartley's Creek - Pretty Beach - Oak Beach
- Section 4 (10 km) Oak Beach - Spring Creek Falls
- Section 5 (10 km) Spring Creek - Yule Point
- Section 6 (12 km) Yule Beach - Port Douglas