Temporary operating hours: COVID-19
As COVID-19 restrictions ease, there will be changes to programs, services and hours of operation at all of our leisure centre facilities. Please refer to the individual venue's website or Facebook page for up-to-date information.
Council provides a range of sport and leisure centres for Cairns residents to get active. These centres are owned by Council and leased to management organisations.
- For a list of non leased sporting facilities in Cairns. You may have to speak to a sporting organisation on access to some of these, as they may be under a Management Agreement.
- Go to our park finder to locate local parks, playgrounds, district level parks, and bushland/conservation areas.
- Read our guidelines for community tenure, under "Occupying Council Property" if you are thinking about Leasing or Managing a Council Facility.
Edmonton Leisure Centre
Where: 10-20 Walker Road, Edmonton
Contact: 4045 6540
The Edmonton Leisure Centre officially opened for business on 1 July 2013. The Centre is managed by PCYC Edmonton on behalf of Council, and is a dual-purpose facility that provides:
- Leisure facilities for residents of Cairns' southern corridor
- A public storm tide cyclone shelter when required
- 2 multi-purpose indoor sports courts with event seating
- Storage space
- Reception area
- Meeting rooms
- Toilets, showers and change facilities
Cairns International Tennis Centre
Where: North Cairns Sporting Precinct, 356 Sheridan Street, Cairns
Contact: 4041 3383
The Cairns International Tennis Centre, within the North Cairns Sporting Precinct, 356 Sheridan Street is a joint initiative of Cairns Regional Council, the Queensland Government and Tennis Queensland.
Cairns Youth and Recreation Centre
Where: 129 Mulgrave Road (next to the showgrounds)
Contact: 4051 8448
Conveniently situated on a main bus route, close to the city and with plenty of safe off-street parking, this Youth and Recreation Centre offers:
- Physical and personal development
Where: 91 McNamara Street
Contact: 4053 1532
The Cairns PCYC is an indoor Youth Centre that is open 7 days a week. It's ethos is to provide a caring environment with a wide range of activities for all ages as well as very afforable membership, gym and activity fees.
Marlin Coast Fitness Centre
Where: 27 Leisure Park Road, Smithfield
Contact: 4057 7507